These are the dev notes of changes since the last notes (August 11th), this time around we’re pleased to announced a cool new feature: game release countdown.
New feature: Game release countdown
We Added a game release countdown page! Every upcoming entry now automatically gets a game release countdown based on the game’s page date. Each countdowns are localised and divided by platforms, so wherever you are you will be getting up to date information. 😉
- Home and game pages were slow because of streams, now we fetch streams asynchronously
- Got rid of the horrible footer issues on mobile
- The streams page was slow and had some strange behaviour, the code has been restructured for a smoother, more maintainable and scalable experience
- Many, many other bugs with infrastructure and admin tooling
- Redesign pulse and add new design to the home page news
- We added Quick review to game pages, along with improved the review layout and styling
- Show “friends who have rated this game” on the game page
- Added an events page and a sample is also on the home page. Events are read-only for now
- Added nichegamer to pulse
- You can now upload an avatar from your user settings page!
- Added a “Notable role” section to voice actor pages
- Disabled N4G from pulse
- Reshuffled some things on the game page in preparation for the new design