We apologise for being late with the dev notes this week! Regular schedule recommences next week.
- Automatic search bar focus has now been disabled for mobile users.
- Presskit-pages displaying a 500 error have been fixed. Please keep reporting any sites you encounter with this error!
- User list editor pages displaying a 500 error have been fixed. Apologies to anyone affected! (Thank you for reporting the issue, @jeeps)
- Rating has been removed from unreleased games in search results.
- Pros and cons are no longer displaying in user reviews if there are none written.
- A bug preventing new companies to be added in the game edit page has been fixed.
- Broken pages no longer pretend to be loading.
- Copy previous -button has been fixed on game edit pages.
- We have released a new user recommendations feature! This feature recommends new games to registered users according to their current ratings on a weekly basis. You can access this new feature from the front page!
- Search result relevance has been improved.
- Game covers in company timelines are now clickable. Thank you for the suggestion, antonwestbergh!
- IGDB.com is now running on dedicated hardware. Our site performance has improved massively!
- A large query has been reworked, which has made it 46x faster!
- Home page image sizes displayed in the image carousel have been reduced.
Weekly Dev Notes are a feature where the community is updated weekly on small issues and breakthroughs by the team. Blog posts about big changes and updates are more sporadic, but will continue to take place as usual in addition to the Weekly Dev Notes. Dev Notes are uploaded each Tuesday.